"Turning Twenty"


My sweet, smart, funny, crazy niece Kayla will be turning twenty years old this coming July. I can hardly believe it. I can remember the day she was born almost like yesterday. I remember holding her only an hour or so after she was born, her little ears were still kind of folded up, LOL. When she was little, I lived near my sister and her family and Kayla was my little shadow much of the time. Now she is all grown up and attempting to take on the world.


In honor of the event, I am making her a "turning twenty" quilt. It uses 20 fat quarters with almost no waste at all. I finished the top today. I'll put this away for a while now, since her birthday isn't until the end of July, but it feels good to have this much of it finished this early. This will be my biggest quilt to date. It is pretty much a twin size quilt.

4 comments:

Roxanne said...

This is so pretty! I'm sure she will love it. I love the pattern!

Amanda Jean said...

the top turned out beautifully!

Unknown said...

I love the color palette you used!

KR said...

This quilt is LOVELY!! It really does seem to "scream twenty" too! Thanks for showing it to me and entering into the contest! Good luck with the drawing!

Kristin
~Reclaiming The Home

Follow on Bloglovin