Not much going on around here....

I have just been working on my little knitting trial. I ripped it out twice. The first time I just decided it was wider than I wanted it to be, The second time I just really screwed it up. Wound up with extra stitches some how? Now I am doing ok, so far. My little scarf is about the size of a washcloth. I am doing it in stockinette stitch. I do pretty good at the knit rows, but the purls, well they are harder for me for whatever reason. They feel all backwards to me. At least my stitches look pretty even. I guess that's something anyway! LOL

I am thinking of doing some holiday baking this weekend. Maybe some spiced almonds, some cookies, maybe some candy of some sort. I have to work this morning, so my Saturday is cut in half. J wants to go to Toys R Us and get some things for Toys for Tots this afternoon and try out a new restaurant at the mall called "The Salad Bowl" for dinner. That should be fun, too. I know it will be busy out shopping, but that is just how it is this time of year, I don't mind it so much, just the traffic is bad.

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Amanda Jean said...

Hope you have a fun day together!

Sounds like your knitting progress is going well. You are doing more stitches than I know how to do. Do you find it helped that you worked on knitting as a kid? I found that I retained more of the crocheting from my earlier years than I ever thought I would. It still isn't much, mind you....

Linda said...

I never really worked at knitting. I just tried it once or twice and gave up on it because it was too hard.

Roxanne said...

Great job with the knitting...you are doing really great to be purling already. Purling always seems backwards to me, even though I can purl faster than I can knit. And, having even stitches is the most important thing when you start out. Mine are usually pretty even but always way too tight! I know when my shoulders are stiff when I am done knitting that my stitches were probably way too tight to! Anyway, keep going, and show us some pictures soon.

Follow on Bloglovin