Oh what a week...

I haven't been posting much this week. I have been busy trying to get things for Christmas in order. My parents and siblings all live in other states, so that means mailing stuff to them. I have made 8 tins of baked goodies this week. Whew! Today we are having a potluck at work, so I made brownies for that. Also today my husband has his appointment with the neurosurgeon in the cities to see if he needs surgery or not. I feel bad that I am not going with him. He told me it wasn't necessary and that he didn't think I really needed to be there, so I didn't take the day off of work. Now his Mom and Dad are going with him. His Mom made a huge deal about him needing someone there with him. So now I feel like crap that I'm not going. I am so exhausted right now that I just feel like the last few days have just been a fog. I think I'll not do a whole lot. I promised one of my cats that I'd just sit in the chair and pet her for a while Saturday. I think I'll do just that.

3 comments:

Amanda Jean said...

Wish I could give you some words of wisdom about the whole mother-in-law thing...If J was ok with you not going, I would recommend you not feeling guilty. (I know, MUCH easier said than done!) Maybe this is something that helps her feel like she is doing something about the situation that is really out of her hands. Sorry that you have to be dealing with that on top of everything else. We are praying for J every day and will continue to do so. Miss you!

Roxanne said...

Ooh, mother in laws are nasty like that sometimes aren't they! They just need to feel needed like the rest of us, but sometimes don't go about it the right way. My prayers are with you and your husband today. Hope it all goes well. In the meantime, you should definitely just sit and relax for a while, sounds like you have been very busy. So, I reccommend, sitting in a chair in front of your Christmas tree with your cat and just let the peace of the season and what Christmas really means wash over you.

Linda said...

I really have it pretty good when it comes to my MIL, but just this really bothered me. Usually she is great and we get along splendidly.

Follow on Bloglovin