Closed the place down this evening...

I had a shopping extravaganza this evening. I got off of work at 4 and since J was in Minneapolis today for Erbert & Gerbert's convention, I went shopping! First I had to stop by the other branch of the bank where I work to drop off something that a girl wanted to borrow and got caught talking to another girl there for a while. Then I had something to return to Bed, Bath and Beyond. I looked around in there for a while, then I went next door to World Market and fell in love with everything in there (as usual). I had a 30 dollar gift certificate for Kohls so I went there to see what I could find. I found a baby gift to replace the blanket that didn't turn out so well. Isn't this adorable? Carter's makes some darn cute stuff! I'm nuts about this turquoise fabric!

I also got three photo albums. They were having a great sale, 40% off!

After that I went to McDonald's for a quick bite to eat and then I hit Crafts Direct. I bought fabric to make my blocks for the block swap. I bought paints in the colors that I want for my living room to experiment with paint techniques. I bought flowers to make swag for J's Grandma. She did a lot to help us when J was sick, so I am going to make this for her as a thank you. She has been wanting me to make her one since she saw the arrangement I made for Lori (J's SIL). I closed the place down! LOL I didn't get home until around 9:20!

Tomorrow he is gone again and I only have to work until 12:30 since I worked Friday night until 7 and Saturday morning from 8-12. I am leaving work, running to the grocery store for a few things. Then I'm coming home, cleaning my house for an hour and a half, and setting to work on finishing the little rail fence quilt. I can't believe how fast it has gone together so far. I started about 1 on Saturday and worked on it until about 5:15 and then I worked on it on Sunday from about 2 til about 5 when I ran out of thread which was a real bummer because I would say that I am about 60 percent finished with the quilting. I got the top cut out and sewn up on Saturday and sandwiched it and started machine quilting it on Sunday. I am just doing sort of crazy free motion with lots of loops and stuff. It is a pink paisley print fabric, so the squiggles work well. Besides, my mark-b-gone pen is drying up and I couldn't mark my lines on it very well and I wanted to get it done, LOL. I meant to pick up another one today and totally forgot when I was at Crafts Direct. Oh well, another day...

Amanda, I have never made the continuous binding before, but it looks fairly simple. I also found a formula to figure out how much to use. Length=area of piece/width of binding Here are the instructions in case you are interested.

2 comments:

Amanda Jean said...

that outfit is cute!

I would have like to close the place down with you! :) I miss crafts direct. And Mill End. I am going to save up a wad of cash to spend on our next trip back.

Looking forward to seeing your rail fence quilt!

Roxanne said...

Whew! Made me tired just hearing about all that shopping!

Follow on Bloglovin