Having a sad day...



My parents-in-law's kitty died yesterday. He was about 18 years old and we have known it was coming for quite a while now, but it is still sad. He was old and blind and no longer had any whiskers and had pretty much stopped eating. He was a great cat who liked to be cuddled on your shoulder and loved to have his ears rubbed. Jason sort of grew up with this cat. J still lived at home for several years after they got him. He was a stray that they took in as a kitten. We will miss Buster a lot. To make matters worse, J was looking on line at cats at the humane society (which is bad enough for me anyway), but there was a cat on there that I'm sure was from the same litter as our Aeris. Not many cats have the same coloring as her. This one was almost identical to her. When we bought her there was another kitten in the cage that was almost identical to her and I have often wondered what happened to that kitten. This cat's age is right, and the personality description seems similar, too. I just have a feeling in my gut that this one is her littermate and is now homeless. I feel so awful. We can't get another cat, I just don't think I could handle it, and I'm not sure how well a male would take to two other cats in the house, not to mention how ours would take to him. I wish we could get him for Jason's parents, but I know that has to be their decision, not ours. All I can hope is that he finds a home soon. He is really pretty and young and has a good personality, so I hope that gets him a new home.

Not feeling very crafty today.

1 comment:

Amanda Jean said...

so sorry you are having a sad day! :(

Follow on Bloglovin