Favorite quilt....

Amanda asked me what my favorite quilt was that I had made. I think it is a tossup between three different ones for different reasons.
This one for the colors. I made it for my niece Allison when she had scoliosis surgery last summer.


This one because it is the only one I have ever made by following a pattern. This one is almost done, just have to hand stitch the binding down. I made it for my brother's new grandbaby due the 18th of this month.


And this one because I had a lot of fun designing it and choosing fabrics. I love the trip around the world pattern. It is also the first time I tried freemotion quilting. Amanda should recognize this one.


I do like the new quilt for my sister. I really love the irish chain pattern. The fabrics are just not quite vivid enough for me. I like really lively colors. My sister will like it a lot, though. She loves all that vintage stuff and her living room is blue. Oh, and the blocks are 6.5 inch blocks (6 inch finished), to answer Amanda's other question.

1 comment:

amandajean said...

I loved this post!

I do love little A's quilt so much. The blending of the fabrics is great. I have the itch to work on something like that...but way too many irons in the fire right now. I'm sure you know how it goes.

All your quilts are great.