Quality time with the rotary cutter....

That is the agenda for today. I'd like to at least get my fabric cut for the block swap blocks. I also need to trim up my sister's quilt and cut the binding for it as well. If I can get the binding machine sewed on today that would be great, too. Then I can take it with me to Jason's mom and dad's tomorrow and maybe work on it some over there. I should be able to get my sister's quilt done in just about a week and half from start to finish. That's pretty good for me, not being home during the day and all. I even skipped working on it a few nights.

I have to make a dessert to take tomorrow and I have no idea what to take. Jason's mom doesn't eat chocolate, so everything that sounds good to me, she can't eat. LOL, I am a severe chocoholic. I have to make something that I can make today and take tomorrow because we are headed over right after church tomorrow and I have no time to prepare anything after church. I had thought about a berry cobbler, but that won't work because I can't bake it tomorrow. I think I need to haul out the cookbooks and see if I can find something. Maybe wander the store....

In other news, I have a new step-great-nephew. Ryan Heath Dodgen was born May 9th. 8 lbs. 1 oz. 21 1/4 inches long. Good sized little boy! I don't have any pictures yet as he is in Texas and I am in Minnesota. This is the little guy that I made the Winnie the Pooh quilt for. I am hoping everything is ok with him. I haven't heard any more than when he was born and his size. His sister was born a couple of years ago with a heart defect and didn't make it. His big brother, Drew is 6 years old and was very excited to be getting a brother.

No comments:

Follow on Bloglovin