A time to quilt....

Ok, so maybe it isn't ecclesiastical, but that is my agenda for the day today. My alarm clock kitties woke me up at 6:30 sharp this morning. (Their usual breakfast time during the week) So I figured I might as well get up and get busy while the house is quiet. J will probably sleep until at least 9 or 10. So I threw in the first load of laundry for the day, ate some pop tarts, looked at a new blog, (see the list of blogs on the side, Crafts Direct is a local craft store and they have started a blog with lots of cool stuff. I love that place, every time I go there it is at least an hour to an hour and a half before I can get myself anywhere near the door! LOL), and decided to make a short post before delving into my sister's quilt once again. I am about halfway done with the strip piecing. I am doing sort of a simple "irish chain". Really just a nine patch alternated with a solid white square. I have my doubts that I can accomplish it, but I'd like to have the top done this weekend. That's a tall order, but maybe, just maybe I might get there! I got inspired to make something for my niece, Claire's birthday in October from one of the fabrics. If I can find more of that fabric, I think I might do it. More on that another day. ;) For those of you who don't remember which fabrics I am using for my sister's quilt, here is a reminder.


Ok time for me to venture off into sewing land.......

3 comments:

Holly said...

Sounds like you got off to a great start this morning! I always hate getting up early, but love being up early...if that makes sense. It's the getting out of bed part that's hard.

I hope you've had a great day of sewing! Love those pretty fabrics...

Amanda Jean said...

a time to quilt isn't ecclesiastical, but the proverbs 31 woman quilts her own bedspreads...at least thats what it says in the new living translation. :)

Linda said...

How about her sister's lap quilt!:) lol

Follow on Bloglovin