So I told myself....

that I was not allowed to have any more bright ideas for a couple of weeks. Of course it didn't work and I got one anyway. Why do I do this to myself? It will be a matter of whether I can carve out enough time and money to do that project by the date I want it done which will decide whether or not I go forward with it. Stay tuned....

I am working on another little project, something for Etsy. I am doing a little tutorial as I go. That is all I am going to say about it for now. Hopefully it won't take a lot of time to get the tutorial up and then the suprise project will be revealed.

I still have to finish my Mom's quilt and get it mailed to Illinois by the 25th of October, and finish Claire's outfit and get it in the mail to Texas by October 18th. My sister in law, Carrie, started a couple of Christmas stockings for Claire and Mady a couple of years ago. The front is all counted cross stitch and she did a beautiful job, I might add. She doesn't trust herself with the construction of the stockings themselves, however, and so she has entrusted it to me. I need to get those done before long, too. I was just sort of waiting for the fall fabrics to start coming out as she wants the backs of the stockings to be red velvet and that is a little hard to find this time of year. I hope I can get them done in time to send them with Claire's birthday gift.
Never mind my block swap quilt top by the end of October. I think I must be crazy to think about taking on any more projects, and yet I have a couple more in the back of my mind that I want to try and get done, too. The little tutorial project, that shouldn't take long, a scrap baby quilt, that if it gets done in time might go to Jason's cousin and his wife who are having a baby girl in Novemer, I think. Then I have another tutorial idea that sort of goes along with the first tutorial. And another project that I am still debating about trying. Do you think I'm nuts? Yep....

3 comments:

Amanda Jean said...

well, now you've got me curious to what is going on in your craft room! kevin and I were talking tonight how we can't wait to get together with you guys. Hope we can find some time soooooon. Maybe then we can do some show and tell!

As far as my to-do list goes (and I don't keep super close tabs on it) I have something like 8 quilts going on and a crochet blanket. That's more than I usually have...and I think of starting a new quilt almost daily. It's a sickness. I need some little worker bees....

Katherine said...

That's quite the to-do list. Sounds like you will be very busy, but I am curious to hear what your bright idea is... do tell!
All in all sounds like you will have lots of pretties to post and share with us all in blogland. Yeah! Happy sewing!

Natasha said...

I Am looking forward to see what you are up to!! Keep us posted and my what ambition you have!

Follow on Bloglovin