Quiltathlon

I decided to join into this quiltathlon for at least part of this weekend. I only heard about it last night and I DO have some other things that I need to do this weekend, but it sounded like fun to join in, so here I am.

I decided to continue to work on this quilt this weekend. I got it all out and ironed it and put it up on the wall last night. I cut out the white blocks to go between the nine patch blocks last night only to realize that I either didn't buy enough white to do the side triangles for the on point setting, or I cut something wrong, as in too many of the white blocks. I ran out of room on the wall for the whole quilt, so I'm not sure yet if I have too many white blocks yet. We shall see. The blocks are finished 6 inch blocks, so the white squares are 6.5 inches. Anyone know if I can cut them in half diagonally to use for side triangles for an on point setting? Grrr... might have to make a run to the fabric store before it's all over this weekend!

3 comments:

Amanda Jean said...

your quilt in progress is so pretty! I love on point setting.

Edna said...

I think they would be too small if you just cut them in half. Why not try a different color for the side setting triangles? I have seen it on a few quilts and it looks quite effective. Maybe a pale blue and then bind with the same color? Have fun working on your quilt today!!

Granny said...

Glad you've joined us. Can't wait to see how much you get done. Thanks for participating.

Follow on Bloglovin