How I spent my Saturday afternoon...

So yesterday I decided it was high time I finished my Happy Hour quilt that I started about a year ago. Now, I don't really have a space in my house that is very good for sandwiching anything larger than a lap size. My Happy Hour is a little bigger than that so I tried doing half of it at a time on my kitchen peninsula counter. Not the easiest thing in the world to begin with, but then I had a little help from my friend...


My little friend decided it would be a really fun game to run back and forth from one side to the other while I chased her. Then she thought she needed to hold the quilt down while I pinned it together, too. I highly doubt this quilt will be pucker free, and if it is it will be a miracle indeed! LOL She can be such a naughty girl sometimes!



I thought I'd give a little glimpse of this little project, too. It was sort of an inadvertent project. I intended to work on my Happy Hour last weekend but my husband and I decided to go to a movie instead. By the time we were home I didn't feel like dragging out a huge quilt and sandwiching it, so I pulled this little project out and decided to work on it a while. Several years ago I cut a bunch of 4 inch squares out of all the scraps I had at the time. I was a bit over ambitious as I thought I was going to make a bed quilt from them. That project sort of fell by the wayside, but I still have a bunch of the squares cut. I decided to pull out these blues a while back and make some pinwheel blocks from them, not exactly sure what I was going to use them in, but I just started sewing. I got all the half square triangles done and two pinwheel blocks done and then got busy with other projects and I sort of pushed it aside. So I pulled them out last weekend and finished the blocks and then I just sort of kept on sewing until I had this little top assembled. I think it might make a good little quilt for the Mountain Baby Blanket Project. That will also give me the incentive to get it done more quickly. ;)


3 comments:

The Fat Kid said...

Your little helper is too pretty. What a gorgeous face! And I love the fabric in both quilts!

said...

The blue quilt is very precious!

Rachel
www.rachelcox.blogspot.com
Mountain Baby Blankets

Amanda Jean said...

i hope your happy hour quilt comes out pucker free. :)

that blue baby quilt is perfect!

Follow on Bloglovin