Crazy Mom and her Quilt-a-longs....

My good friend Amanda is doing a one-a-day quilt-a-long over at her blog. I have to say that I am going to try and keep up, but I make no guarantees. Some weeks I only get a couple of evenings at my machine and I do have other projects that I HAVE to get done by a certain date. This seems like a fairly simple quilt-a-long, though. Just simple scrappy nine patch blocks. One per day. Lord knows I have plenty of scraps. :) I really would like to use up a bunch of them. I sometimes feel as though they will one day plot to take over the world. I am pretty sure that they multiply in those bins over night, too. LOL I hereby declare that unless it is really, really needed to finish a project, I will buy no fabric during the month of May and will only use fabric that I currently have on hand, be it scraps or stash.
Here are the first seven blocks for the first week.


Last weekend I did some more organizing in my sewing room, and the crazy cat did it again. This drawer was empty (and closed mind you) and she was sniffing around by it and the next time I looked over, this is what I saw...

Such a crazy nut!

1 comment:

Amanda Jean said...

good luck not buying fabric in May. it's a good feeling to use what you have. (i've been doing that for 60+ days now...and still going! woo-hoo!) i'm glad that you are joining in the quilt along. your blocks look great!

Follow on Bloglovin