Oh, How I Miss The Redbuds...


Having grown up in Illinois and then having moved to Minnesota as an adult, there are certain things that I really miss about my home state.  One of those things is the redbud trees blooming in early spring.  I miss their lacy pink presence among the newly budding green trees.  I always said I would have one in my yard if I ever had a yard, but alas these beauties just don't survive the Minnesota winters well.  I just returned from a trip to visit my family in Illinois and I was really hoping that the redbuds would be blooming.  I was a little disappointed that when I got there they were not blooming yet.  However, by the end of my stay they had started popping out.  Yay!  I was able to snap just a couple of pictures at the botanical gardens on Tuesday.  Thank you, Lord for little blessings.

No comments:

Follow on Bloglovin