Thursday, October 11, 2012

My Willemientje Adventure, Episode 2

Phase 1 is complete.  I have to say at this point it has gone together fairly well and fairly quickly.  I did note a few errors on the actual printed pattern itself.  On the actual pattern pieces it says to cut the back skirt pieces and the back bodice on the fold.  Obviously that was not going to work and so I did have to go back and make the correction to my traced pattern.  The tutorial that Farbenmix has online is a little hard to follow, too.  It is a 40+ page pdf.  It is annoying because the pictures are huge which is not needed because they don't show very good detail anyway.  They are sewing with white thread on light colored fabric and the pictures are kind of dark.  All the pictures make the PDF clunky and the instructions are not only vague, but also leave out steps.    I am seriously thinking about making another of these once I get it figured out and doing a tutorial.  The dress is a beautiful dress and I would hate to see someone give up on this pattern just because the instructions were difficult to follow.  In all actuality most of it has been pretty simple so far.

On to the underskirt... It will be solid pink with another ruffle...

No comments: