Welcome to 2014


The holidays are over and it's back to reality with a regular schedule at work,  no more short days or days off in the middle of the week for a while.  Sigh, it was nice while it lasted.

New Year's Eve was fun!  My husband and I try to have a party every year.  This year we had 11 people including my husband and me.  We played some Rock Band, we played some board games and card games and ate wayyyyy toooo much fooood! LOL

In thinking about the year ahead, I have been inspired to set some tangible goals for this year.  Inspired, in part, by my friend Amanda, but this is also something I have been thinking about for a while.  I'm hoping that by listing them here it will help me stick to them a little better than I have in the past.  I have a tendency to set goals and then throw them to the wind when I have a "better" idea. LOL

I have a rather embarrassing amount of unfinished projects taking up space in my sewing room.  Some of my goals for the year are meant to address that issue.

So, looking ahead I would like to set these as my goals for the year:

For The Merry Church Mouse:
1. Create a multi sized PDF pattern and make it available here on the blog.
2. Explore my creativity by creating 6 completely different flips all from the same pattern.  Pattern as yet to be determined.  Any suggestions?
3. Finish specific UFOs - dresses already cut out, strawberry feliz, and red, white and blue vida.

For my quilting:
1. Finish at least 6 unfinished quilts.
2. Have at least 50 completed hexi flowers for my hexi quilt finished.
3. Begin work on a quilt for my niece, Lexi.
4. Continue to use up scraps.

Blogging:
1. Blog at least 4 times per month.
2. Finish a post which I have already started writing with a pattern that I would like to share.

I'm hoping this will give me a sense of accomplishment at the end of the year. Some of these goals are a little lofty, but not unattainable if I put my mind to it.

What about you? Have you set any goals that you would like to accomplish for 2014?  I'd love to hear about them!

No comments:

Follow on Bloglovin