What I Want to Accomplish in 2015

Here it is January 1st... again.  It's time to look back at the last year and see just how I fared with the goals that I set for myself and look ahead to the coming year and where I would like to go from here.  


So, let's take a peek into the archives and see what actually happened as compared to what I hoped would happen.  I'm sure I'm in for a rude awakening! 


Goals for 2014:
For The Merry Church Mouse:
1. Create a multi sized PDF pattern and make it available here on the blog.  

In this, I feel like I did really well as I actually finished two patterns as well as a sew along for my Shoulder Tie Dress pattern.  





2. Explore my creativity by creating 6 completely different flips all from the same pattern.  

This sort of happened.  I did create 5 variations all based on my Shoulder Tie Dress, however, only 3 of them ever got photographed and wound up in blog posts as I had difficulty connecting with one of the moms of the girls who were set to model for me.  I might still do the other two come spring, I'll have to wait and see.  





3. Finish specific UFOs - dresses already cut out, strawberry feliz, and red, white and blue vida.

For this I came out so-so.  I did finish the strawberry feliz and the red, white and blue vida, but I didn't finish the other dresses that I have cut out.  





For my quilting:
1. Finish at least 6 unfinished quilts.

This is just plain laughable.  I got no where NEAR this much done.  I did make a little progress on a few of them, but done... um... no.  


2. Have at least 50 completed hexi flowers for my hexi quilt finished.

Again a bit laughable.  I have 14 and a half finished.




3. Begin work on a quilt for my niece, Lexi.

I got about a third of the scraps cut up into squares.  I plan to try and have the quilt finished by the time she graduates high school.  That gives me about another 4 1/2 years.  At the rate that I finish quilts these days, even that might be a challenge. 

4. Continue to use up scraps.          

I did use up a lot of stash this year and did use some scraps in some of the smaller projects. Like my Zippy Keepers bags. 





Blogging:
1. Blog at least 4 times per month. 

I had 62 posts for the year and that is more than one per week.  I do feel that I was slacking a little toward the end of the year. 

2. Finish a post which I have already started writing with a pattern that I would like to share.

This was never even touched. In fact I kind of even forgot about it.  It's a knitting pattern that I began writing last January.   

So what is ahead for 2015?  Hopefully better planning and more realistic goals to start! I am hoping to have a little better focus this year and to try and not feel overwhelmed by having too many things going all at the same time.  

So here is what I have set before myself this year. 

1. 4 patterns, one of which will be free
2. Quilt and bind 2 quilts and bind one additional quilt that has been waiting for far too long. 
3. Finish a quilt top for my cousin
4. Continue cutting scraps for Lexi's quilt
5. One pair of knit socks-- to finish the unfinished pattern from last year
6. 30 Hexi flowers
7. Blog on a more regularly consistent basis

I also hope to do more small projects this year.  I call them instant gratification projects.  Sometimes I need those to keep my motivation moving forward.  Having a lot of big projects sometimes gives me the sense of slogging through mud.  

As always, I also want to continue to stash bust and use scraps.  In addition, I would like to make more contributions to charity from my sewing.  Perhaps some dresses for Little Dresses for Africa with a call for other bloggers as well.  I also plan to do some more bandanas for St Jude hospital.  My cousin is a nurse there and she takes them and hands them out to her patients.  

What are your goals for the coming year?  Do you have big projects planned?  I'd love to hear about them!

Until next time, Happy Sewing!










No comments:

Follow on Bloglovin