Finished Scrap Attack Quilt
I wanted to share with you my latest quilt finish. Here is the Scrap Attack quilt that I made for a friend's baby shower. I can finally share it because the shower was yesterday. I didn't want to spoil the surprise, you know?
It finished at only 36 x 36 inches, but it's a nice size for a baby. Each block took about a hour to complete and there are at least 10 years worth of scraps in the mix. The great thing is that I am finally beginning to see a dent in my scrap pile. Woo hoo! It has only taken me all summer to do.
I toyed around with several ideas for the quilting, but in the end settled on simple stippling. I love how it softened the lines. I even didn't cross any of my lines... well, almost. There's at least one tiny one, but I'm not telling where it is, if I could even find it. It's probably my best stippling job yet.
I bound it in red polka dot fabric and backed it with a print I have had in my stash for a long time. It's a bright colored print with happy little mushrooms.
The happy bright colors just make me smile every time I look at it. I hope it makes baby smile too.
In other news, I have been slowly working on the next pattern which I hope to have ready sometime in the fall. I have been taking my time really thinking through the design. Just a little hint as to the idea... think princess seams and 1940's inspiration.
I hope you are having a great week creating pretty things. I'd love to hear about any projects you are working on.
Until next time,