I apologize for the lack of posting...

I've had a cold since last Thursday and then I pinched something in my hip on Friday at work lifting a 50 pound bag of quarters and have been sort of down for the count. I laid on the couch pretty much the whole day Saturday. Blech...

In other news, I got a phone call the other day from someone that I have never met before who wants me to do some sewing on some blankets for his daughter. I'm not sure what exactly it is that he wants at this point as I Jason forgot to tell me that I had a message (from Friday) until about 9:00 last night. I will try to give the guy a call tonight and find out more of the details as to what he wants. This is the first time I have ever had anyone outside of friends or family that has asked me to do any sewing for them. He must have gotten hold of my business card somewhere. I had a few in the rack at Hancock's, so maybe someone picked it up there? I don't know. I am curious to find out how he got my number, though.



I started cutting the fat quarters for Kayla's "Turning Twenty" quilt last night. You are supposed to cut 4 at a time. Well, guess what. I cut 4 at a time, and I cut one stack of 4 wrong. SOOOOO now I have to figure out what I am going to do. Of course, I am in love with these fabrics and I don't want to leave any of them out. These 20 fat quarters came in a set together. What that means is that I will have to go back to Joann's and buy a whole other set of them. (which is ok, sort of) I was going to wait until the next 40% coupon and see if they had another set anyway because I really like these fabrics and want some for myself, LOL. I'll just have to find a pattern for them that doesn't quite use a whole fat quarter. Now I have already used the current coupon and really need to go get the fabrics before they are gone. I really am dumb sometimes! I was so mad at myself for not paying attention! I hope this isn't a sign of what is to come with this quilt......

2 comments:

Amanda Jean said...

your fabrics are lovely! I like the color scheme a lot. I hate it when I cut my fabric wrong...I did that on the happy hour quilt I made and fudged it just enough. ugh...what a pain.

hope you are feeling better!

Katherine said...

Hope you're feeling better, Linda.

Those fabrics are gorgeous! I too, have had mistakes in cutting and it can be so frustrating when it happens. Hopefully you will be able to get more of the fabrics you like to make amends and have extra to make something for yourself. Good luck!

Follow on Bloglovin