Kyle is at it again!

Kyle Bryant is making his second ride for Friedreich's Ataxia! I'm so appreciative of him and his resolve to help find a cure for FA. He is a very determined guy! Check out the Ride Ataxia blog for updates on his current ride.


In other news, I started working on a dress for my niece Mady's birthday. I know, I said I wouldn't do that this year, but darn it, if I don't see cute stuff on Etsy and want to make things like them. :) The bad news is, my serger crapped out.... again. I am debating buying a new one, problem is, I can't really afford what they want for a good one. My serger was an inexpensive budget model, and it seems silly to keep putting money into fixing it. It was only about $200 new, and I already have $50 in repairs on it. It just doesn't seem worth it to keep throwing money into trying to fix it. It's got tension issues. Frustrating to say the least. I spend at least half an hour putzing with it every time I try to use it. BUT... I really need one for my Etsy stuff. Anyone got suggestions as to a decent serger that doesn't cost both arms and a leg? It doesn't have to be fancy, but I would want a differential feed and the ability to do rolled hems. I am thinking about looking at used models. Anyone in love with theirs and would recommend that model?

No comments:

Follow on Bloglovin