Well, I did it...

I finally broke down and bought a different serger. I think I got a pretty good deal, too. :) I know the lady that runs one of the sewing machine shops in our town and so I went to see what she had in used machines. Now granted, this machine IS used, and I think the original model of this machine came out about 10 years ago. I could be wrong there, but anywho..... I got a Bernina 1100 DA for just under $300. She said I could take it home and try it out and if I didn't want it I could bring it back, soo. I have yet to thread it up and sit down with it. I just got home with it half an hour ago. I'll sit down and play with it tonight. I have to take the cat to the vet for check up and shots in about half an hour, so. I think I'll just look at the manual until then. She said the only reason it got traded in is because the girl who had it wanted one that could do a cover lock and this one doesn't do that.
I looked at a different Bernina, a new one, at a different shop. They were willing to knock 100 dollars off the original price, but I still would have paid 600 for it, and I just really didn't want to pay that much. It did look like a nice machine, though. Hopefully this one will be an improvement over my old one. I think it will. I can't wait to sit down and mess with it.

1 comment:

amandajean said...

hurray! I hope it works like a charm. :)