But our citizenship is in heaven...

How oddly appropriate the verse of the day is today.
“But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ,” Phil. 3:20
My sister sent me an email last night. In that email she told me about a little boy who passed away Thursday evening. His name was Dalton Wallace, he was 11 and an FA patient. Dalton was a brave boy who fought this disease with all he had. Ultimately, God chose to save him from the pain and struggle of this disease and took him home to heaven. You can read about him a little more here. Please take a moment to pray for his family, I'm sure that they would appreciate it. I didn't know Dalton or his family personally, but in the world of FA, there is a feeling of a common bond with other families affected by this disease. Dalton's passing brings it once again to the forefront of my mind and brings the urgency of finding a cure that much more into focus. It is so very critical.

3 comments:

Amanda Jean said...

I can't imagine losing a child. I'll be praying for his family.

KR said...

My daughter has ataxia - I'm praying for their family so much right now....

Kristin
http://homegrownrose.typepad.com/reclaimingthehome

Anonymous said...

I will say a prayer for his family.

Follow on Bloglovin