A bit of randomness....

Mostly because I haven't posted in so long. I have just been sort of spread a little thin lately.
In no particular order here is what has been keeping me busy.
First of all I joined an ebay group called Haute Couture for Kids. They are doing a designer's challenge and I can't wait to share those pictures with you, but I can't give any sneak peeks until the contest actually starts. But the challenge was to use the color red, applique, buttons and zippers all in the same outfit. If you know me, you know that zippers are my nemesis, and so when you finally see the finished product, you will see that I MAY, (just may) have conquered a bit of my fear of them. I am sending it off tomorrow to have it professionally modeled and photographed. I can't wait to see the pictures!

I have also been dreaming up ideas for Valentine's Day outfits. I have an idea for a red and white polka dot dress that I want to try. I have to figure out how much fabric to buy and draw up the pattern.

I have also been oogling and drooling over some of the fabulous outfits on ebay. This one is my current favorite.
I have been working on a little raggy baby quilt to donate at church, too. I'll post pictures of that when I get it done.
I still haven't finished the fishy quilt, either.

We had our first dusting of snow a couple weeks ago and I took just a minute out of my housecleaning to take these pictures of my flowers with the snow on them.




Work has been a little crazy lately and I have been a little extra tired in the evening, so I haven't been getting as much done in the evenings, either. I feel like I have a ton of things in the works and very little finished. Feeling a little scattered when it comes to projects these days. I have Wednesday, Thursday and Friday off this week and I hope to get a few things accomplished during my days off. I am also planning to go and visit my good friend Amanda. We hope to get some sewing done on Thursday. I can't wait to see her and her family! It has been a while since we had some time to just spend together. I am really looking forward to it.

I want to say Thank You to Kristen from Reclaiming The Home for the mention in her blog about the Kreativ blogger award. I do want to follow up with this, but feel it deserves its own post.

And now it is suddenly almost bedtime and I still have things to do, so I had best bid farewell for this evening.

2 comments:

Amanda Jean said...

I know that feeling of being spread too thin, too. (most of mine is self imposed, but still!) I'm really looking forward to Thursday!

Val said...

Sounds like you are pretty busy! I love visiting your blog.

Follow on Bloglovin