Sewing with Amanda

Yesterday and today I got to spend some time with my dear, long time friend, Amanda Jean! Amanda and I rarely get the chance to sew together so this was great fun for both of us. We spent some good time at her house sewing and catching up. I always come away inspired to try something new when she and I get together. I also got to see a bit of a sneak peek into some of her upcoming surprises! Might I say everyone is in for a treat when she finishes these!

Amanda's sweet little daughter is already planning their next trip to our house when they will have pizza and M & M cookies and we will play Memory. :) She is just too cute.

For a project I pushed myself a little bit and finally finished my "One A Day" quilt-a-long top. Yay! I had the nine patch blocks finished a long time ago, but just never got it all put together. It took a little longer than I expected to finish, but I got it done just in the nick of time before I had to leave. Amanda graciously offered to pin baste it for me. She knows all the crawling around in the floor is murder on my knees. :) It's not the greatest picture since I had to take it with my phone because I forgot my camera, but here is the finished quilt top. I made mine a little smaller than the instructions called for. The thought of trying to quilt a big quilt on my little machine scares me. LOL

1 comment:

Amanda Jean said...

i'm so glad that you took time out of your schedule to come down and see and sew with me! it was lovely to sew with you again! i have your quilt sitting right behind my computer. (still unbasted.) it's on my list, though. and someday it WILL be done. :)

Follow on Bloglovin