I Heart Mug Rugs!

I have been holding this post back because one of the recipients of these reads my blog. I didn't want to spoil any surprises. :) Every year my MIL, SIL, husband's Grandma and his Aunt and I all go and see the Zonta House. Usually we go out to eat afterward and kind of make it our girls outing for the year. It's a fun way to kind of kick off the Holiday season and support a good cause, too. The proceeds go to scholarships and to support battered women's shelters.

This year I decided to surprise everyone with mugs and mug rugs. These were so much fun to make and a good way to practice some of my quilting techniques. They are a great way to use up scraps, too. I made four of them, but I only have pictures of three thanks to my lovely kitties who knocked my camera off of the counter and caused it to lose some of the pictures. Here are the three, that I do have pictures of. I used Amanda's ticker tape idea for one of them.




1 comment:

Amanda Jean said...

mug rugs are fun to make, aren't they? I made my first one last week and sent it off...it was hard to part with, but fun to make. I love yours! especially the one with the circle for the cup....perfect! they are a good way to try out new techniques with a low commitment. :)

Follow on Bloglovin