I can finally share these!

I have had so many  things that I have been working on that are surprises that I couldn't share them until now! 

I made this quilt for my niece who turned 20 a few weeks ago. I made the same pattern for her sister who turned 20 3 years ago. The pattern is "Turning Twenty" and uses twenty fat quarters.  I used twenty different solids.  I tried to stick to blues with a few greens and yellows thrown in.  The fat quarters came from Connecting Threads and I LOVE them.  They are so wonderfully soft and the colors are beautiful!  I backed it with dark blue and bound it with teal.  



I also finished more socks!  I sent these along with the quilt for my sister and her other daughter who also have birthdays this summer.  They were made with my Kool-Aid dyed yarn.  I found the patterns at knitty.com.  I love that site!  The yarn I used was a fingering weight superwash merino wool from Knit Picks.  


I have more surprises in store that I have been working on today.  I can't reveal them just yet, though.  That will have to wait a couple more weeks. :)



1 comment:

Amanda Jean said...

the quilt turned out great, Linda! i bet your niece loved it! CT solids ARE so soft, aren't they? i've been very happy with them!

Follow on Bloglovin