Dress Progress....

Yesterday I worked on the knock off of the dress that I saw on a little girl last weekend at a wedding.  It is not going to be an exact replica, but it will be close.  The dress she was wearing didn't tie at the shoulder, it instead just had straps.  The front of hers was also shirred.  I chose to use elastic.  I don't have the machine to do the "industrial" shirring with the chain stitch on the back, and my sample, while it looked ok, I just wasn't sure that it would hold up to the test of washing and wearing that a child's garment undergoes. So, that's why I chose the elastic instead.  I also wanted it to have the adjustability of the ties vs. a set length with the straps.  The colors and the vintage feel of this fabric make me giddy.  I just love soft romantic florals like this. Up next.... the ruffles at the bottom.  :)

No comments:

Follow on Bloglovin