Truncated Cuboctahedron = Cute Baby Toy


So remember how I said in this post that I get distracted by crazy ideas that I must follow... Well, this was one of them....

I happened to run across this page yesterday morning while looking for ways to use my scraps.  There are patterns there for making polyhedrons out of construction paper.  My thought was... "why not fabric?"  And... "wouldn't that be a cute little toy?"  So off I hopped down the bunny trail...

After looking at a few tutorials for English paper piecing ( I figure if you're gonna try something for the first time, you might as well go big, right? LOL), and a few hours of stitching,  I wound up with what I think is a super cute toy!

In fact it was much easier than I thought it would be and I am very tempted to make more... and try other polyhedrons, too. :)

Who would be up for a tutorial?

EDITED:  TUTORIAL HERE

No comments:

Follow on Bloglovin