Project Run and Play... Candy Inspired and Biting Off More Than I Can Chew

The theme this week for Project Run and Play was "Candy Inspired".  I love this theme and I tried to run with it, even though I knew I had pretty limited time this week.  I had a meeting for work Monday evening and we are getting ready to leave town on Saturday.  Needless to say, I am only half finished.  I decided to do some smocking on the top and it took a little longer than I expected.  I smocked both the front and the sleeves.
I didn't have time to assemble the top, but here is the front laid out for a general idea of what it will look like.  I plan to have buttons down the front.  The neck will be gathered onto a bias band.  I used a peasant top pattern as a base for this.
The pants, however are finished.  I did an inset panel on the side with lots of small ruffles down the side of the leg.  



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! that looks like a lot of fun. I might have to try the ruffles down the side for my 6 year old daughter. She's up for all sorts of fun colors and ruffles still. Great job!
Kristi - kopykat

Simple Simon and Company said...

Ummm...I can't believe you got ALL that done!!!! Love the looks!!!
elizabeth

Linda said...

I was smocking on my lunch breaks at work and the ruffler foot was helpful with the pants. :)

Follow on Bloglovin