The Strawberry Feliz


Hello Everyone!

I believe that Spring finally may have arrived here in my little corner of Minnesota.  A week a ago we were dealing with a prediction of 7-10 inches of snow, but only two days later it was 65 and sunny.  Gotta love the upper midwest. :)

I was finally able to get out and get some pictures of some of my UFO's that I have finally been able to finish!  These little dresses have been in the works for well over a year.  They were the projects that I never finished before being distracted by something "shiny". LOL

First up is this little dress.
This is a modified version of the Farbenmix "Feliz" dress pattern that was popular a few years ago.  Unfortunately, the individual pattern is no longer in print.  It can only be found in the book "Sewing Clothes Kids Love."  I have to say that this is my all time favorite little girl's dress pattern.  I have made about 15 or 16 of them now and I have it down to about 12-15 hours worth of sewing time depending on if there is any appliqué included or not.  My first "Feliz" took A LOT longer. :)  I have only made one of them which did not include the ruffles in the back.  I think the ruffles are what I love most about it!

For this one I decided to change it up a bit.  I only did a single layer instead of making an underdress and an overdress.  I omitted the overdress.  The original pattern calls for elastic across the back and also has ties that tie in the back.  I changed it up a little by putting the elastic on the sides as well as the ties.

I was able to use trim that I already had in my stash, so that was a bonus, too.  This beaded eyelet was a perfect fit for across the front, and I had just enough eyelet trim for the skirt as well.

I just LOVE how it turned out.  This sweet strawberry fabric makes me think of summertime and picnics!  Both of which I am well ready for this year after such a loooonnnngggg winter!

If you are interested, I do have this little dress available for purchase.  It is a size 4-5.  Being a European pattern, the sizing is generous, so it does run just a little bigger than US sizing.   Leave a comment with your contact information if you are interested.  It is 100% cotton (exclusive of trim).The price is $80 including shipping within the US.  If you are outside the US please contact me for shipping rates and options.  

I am so happy to finally have this little dress finished and to be able to share it with you!  Technically, I didn't finish this this week, but I'm linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it up Friday anyway.  I think Amanda would cheer for me for having finished an old project. :) 

What have you been working on?  I'd love to know! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is a beautiful dress! Love the ruffles! What a terrific job!

Follow on Bloglovin