What Inspires You? Wednesday


Welcome to the first installment of What Inspires You? Wednesday! In this series, I hope to have guest posts from several different artistic genres. I have so many friends who are so very creative and I am very honored to be able to share their talent and creativity with you. I hope that you will find inspiration in these posts and will share your inspiration with others.

First up is Kristi from Blu Moon Design. Kristi and I met several years ago through an Ebay boutique sellers group. Since then it has been a joy to watch Blu Moon Design blossom and grow. One of Kristi's designs was even features on the popular TV series "Parenthood".

Kristi has been an inspiration to me in my creative sewing journey. I know that she will be an inspiration to you as well.

1. Tell us your name and what it is that you do. Kristi, and I make little girls' clothing.
2. How did you get started? I was selling my daughter's outgrown clothing on ebay, and came across boutique custom handmade clothing. I knew how to sew, and had a sewing machine... so I thought.. that looks fun! I sold my first few items that I listed, and was hooked.



3. Talk about your artistic origins. What sort of creative activities did you enjoy as a child or a young person? I was taught to sew in gradeschool by my mother and grandmother. I also taught myself to do other things such as cross stitch.
4. Is there something that inspires you more than anything else? (ie person, place, God, color, etc.) I think my girls. I make what I'd dress them in. Although they are older now, I have wonderful customers that continue to inspire me!
5. What are your favorite things to make or favorite aspect of what you do? I love to make all things twirly. They are my most popular items, and I love how girly and sweet they are. My favorite aspect is my ability to work from home when I need to. If someone has a basketball game to go to, I am always able to be there for that kind of thing!



6. What advice would you give to someone who would like to try your artistic genre or is maybe just starting out? Keep going. I am glad I didn't give up when it seemed things weren't going great. Read and research lots!!
7. Do you have a website, a Facebook page or a blog where we can see more of your work? www.blumoondesign.com or www.facebook.com/blumoondesign
8. Is there anything else you would like to share with our readers? If you are looking to try something new, in whatever aspect of your life, go ahead and try! Stick with it! You can accomplish anything you set your mind to.


Thank you so much, Kristi, for sharing with us!  
Would you like to be featured on What Inspires You? Wednesday? Contact me and we can make it happen! 




No comments:

Follow on Bloglovin