Mod Mondays - The Shoulder Tie Dress : Variation 2


Welcome to variation 2 of the Mod Monday series!  This series features simple modifications that can be made to my easy and free Shoulder Tie Dress pattern.  See the sidebar to the right for the links to the tutorial series.  If you missed out on week one please take the time to go back and see it, you don't want to miss out on that cuteness!

The variation for this week involves changing the neckline a little bit.



For this variation I drafted a simple flutter sleeve, sewed it so that the straight edge of the flutter sleeve continued the casing line and then used elastic to gather the neckline instead of ribbon or ties.  For this little one, I could have probably shortened the elastic a bit as it was just slightly big on her, but I didn't get the chance to do that before picture day.



The flutter sleeve is drafted as just a very simple shape.  It looks something like the shape below.  The amount of curve that you add will determine the shape of the flutter sleeve.  There is no real right or wrong, it just depends on your taste.  I used a pretty steep curve for mine.  The more steep the curve, the more dramatic the sleeve will be.


The skirt portion of this variation, once again, follows the tutorial as it is written.



For this variation I chose a pretty blue print because this little one has the most beautiful pale blue eyes and I knew that the dress would only show them off.



I'm looking forward to the link party coming up on Monday, September 29.  I hope that you will share your variations with me!

Until next time, happy sewing!


No comments:

Follow on Bloglovin